What it Is

I have proven myself a failure at being consistent. Methinks this should be a place for me. Maybe not the collected me that makes sense. More like the me that likes to be. To wonder, to plan, to think, to understand. I want to write everyday. It is my hope that this is the blog that will facilitate that goal.

I dont make any promises. You could still call this my creative blog. But I'd like to think of it more as the debris that is left behind after all the normal thoughts blow through my consciousness.

Don't expect it to always make sense or be worth your time. I think the main goal if for it to be my sanity.

Mottled Light

Mottled Light
the way my mind feels sometimes, waiting for a breakthrough.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Entry Thirty-Six

I just saw Slumdog Millionaire. It was FANTASTIC! Had a good time with Em.

I want the soundtrack.

I got to spend time with Noah today. A rare thing. I had him practically to myself. It was wonderful. A dream come true, literally. A few nights ago after I learned that Em and Noah were coming to CoMO I dreamed that me and Noah played together. I was really happy in the dream.

My legs hurt.

Stupid work.

Rick was over today. I got to see a more natural him, I think.

Shelly is BACK! Boy did I miss her.

Amber stopped by with Kylar. He is getting big.

I kind of want to be done training Amanda. Not that I don't like training her. I just feel pressure. If a certified trainer had been doing this she would have been done by now.

Do I get appreciated in the workplace? Occasionally a tip shows me that I did a good job. Other times a coworker will tell me thanks or help in some way. Sometimes they go the extra mile. But the managers? I suppose they are too busy to notice.

Sarah, get off your high horse. You are not the most amazing employee in the world. You do your job the way you think it needs to be done and thats all you can do. Who needs positive reinforcement? Not me.

Lies.

I do. And that is whats sad.

We all want approval. We want to be told that we are doing a good job. We seek acknowledgment. Maybe thats the problem. I need to do my job well for the people paying for service. Not for approval.

I think I've done this rant before. I need to get over it.

To be then it is.

Where the heck did my cursor go? It's making it hard to type.

Maybe thats a sign. Time to go to bed.

Goodnight.

No comments: