What it Is

I have proven myself a failure at being consistent. Methinks this should be a place for me. Maybe not the collected me that makes sense. More like the me that likes to be. To wonder, to plan, to think, to understand. I want to write everyday. It is my hope that this is the blog that will facilitate that goal.

I dont make any promises. You could still call this my creative blog. But I'd like to think of it more as the debris that is left behind after all the normal thoughts blow through my consciousness.

Don't expect it to always make sense or be worth your time. I think the main goal if for it to be my sanity.

Mottled Light

Mottled Light
the way my mind feels sometimes, waiting for a breakthrough.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Entry Fourty-Two

I cut my finger and I don't know how. I was really upset about it when I found out at 9:00. 7 hours into my 8 hour shift.

I don't work 8 hour shifts that often. They take a lot out of me.

My back and feet hurt.

I'm pretty sleepy and I'm going to breakfast tomorrow.

The people in my Brit. Lit. class don't like to talk much. There is a lot of silence. The only reason I didn't speak up today is because I don't have the book yet. I read the text online. I didn't feel confident in my answers.

I like my Folklore class. My teacher remembers a song she used to sing in grade school...

"Joy to the world, the Teachers dead..." I can't remember the words she sang, but it's funny. I remember a similar song with different words. Many of the other students in my class also remembered my version.

"Joy to the world, the teachers dead. We BBQ'd her head. What happened to her body? We flushed it down the potty, and round and round it goes, and round and round it goes, and round and round and round it goes."

How morbid is that? How did I learn that? Wow.

I liked The Dresden Files. Why did it have to go the way of Pushing Daisies and Firefly and get canceled halfway through? Why can't they just let a show run a whole season? I really want to read the books.

Really, I need to go to bed.

No comments: