What it Is

I have proven myself a failure at being consistent. Methinks this should be a place for me. Maybe not the collected me that makes sense. More like the me that likes to be. To wonder, to plan, to think, to understand. I want to write everyday. It is my hope that this is the blog that will facilitate that goal.

I dont make any promises. You could still call this my creative blog. But I'd like to think of it more as the debris that is left behind after all the normal thoughts blow through my consciousness.

Don't expect it to always make sense or be worth your time. I think the main goal if for it to be my sanity.

Mottled Light

Mottled Light
the way my mind feels sometimes, waiting for a breakthrough.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Entry Ninety-Two

Continuing on with the trend.

Entry Seven:

I Think He Liked Spring

I think he like Spring
Her sweet, soft touch and mellow heart
A time to love, to see, to feel
A time to ease into life in calm, slow movements

I think he liked Summer
Her boisterous color and light
A time to shine, to heal, to exhilarate
A time to show life what you're made of in *fearless actions

I think he liked Autumn
Her beautiful face and sweet voice
A time to think, to know, to understand
A time to gain new knowledge in large successful strides

I think he liked Winter
Her silent elegance and soft beauty
A time to reflect, to breathe, to be
A time to look on choices past and learn from our mistakes

I think he likes life...

*
The word was originally "rash" and I didn't like it there.

Also, be glad that I am mostly editing these for spelling (current failings in the spelling department aside). There are we a lot of misspelled words.

Entry Eight:

Ethereal Beauty

Ethereal beauty.
All is passing.
Nothing constant
But
Love.
Words.

That was a short one. How true it is.


Entry Nine:

We Go Forward We Go Back - 9/14/2005

We go forward, we go back.
Mindless trail and lonely track.
For though we may meet others there,
This life alone we all must bear.
Though some may chance to hear the call
We make as we begin to fall,
And for a moment aid our trial,
And help us life the load a while,
In the end we hold our own,
'Till flesh is gone and all is bone,
And meet all others up above.
At the end of our difficult road is love.

Huh, so far not as much darkness. I guess I had my moments.

Entry Ten:

Here I Sit

And so here I sit to mark the passing seconds. With my weapon, my soul, I attempt to consume the darkness. I cry out only to be silenced with no sound of voice. The cold hard slab of stone that bears mt heart cannot be warmed by my hope. A small flit of hope. Like a freezing bird vainly twitching its wings to obtain flight. Because of cold winters fist, it succeeds not. It grapples for a moment with dying hope but all too soon the battle is over with the frigid wanderer crying out in triumph. And a single tear shows all that is wept for hope. For it is lost but was never sought save it were by those whose flame were kindled if only for a moment.
And so here I sit to make the passing seconds. Slowly, as I fade away, I hear a call, A whisper of unending love and the warmth of spring returned. But only in a different time where hope is a strong blaze and winter is but a struggle of frost on the horizon...

Okay, back to some darkness. But there is hope at the end. Bear with me. I have three more. This is a big entry today. Wednesday is by giant hum day entry writing day. I guess.

Entry Eleven: 1/14/2006

The weariness enfolds my mind. Wraps it in a quilt of dark, sweet comfort. What do we know when or eyes are closed? We know of fantasies contrived. We understand nothing. Only the rhythmic rise and fall of our own breath. For on the brink of sleep are our minds the most clear and the most aware of what it is to be alive.

Entry Twelve:

View of a Taken Land

I see ahead a darkened wood. Piercing through: A ravaging light. Another also. They serve as the eyes of man, seeing naught but the dollar upon the plot. Beside it, a torn meadow. Deep cuts: treads of what we would. Movement. Two flicks of speed. The fear of a small creature brave enough to venture into a world once known as sanctuary. Behind, the buzz of angry power. Fluorescent and artificial, it casts a gloomy shadow in the form of my slouched body. I pause-look left. Right. A fear of who (not what) may be lurking. Just to have me. Nothing like the raw primal fear that all nature has when it is only us and the mother that is constant nurturer. It is baseless paranoia we feel now. Of something we know isn't there. And if it were, what would we do? The instinct is lost to us and we fail. Those two eyes. The buzzing behind. They protect me. But in truth, they may be my greatest threat.

This one loses me sometimes. I haven't gone through and made changes to these. These are the raw younger Sarah products. I wish I could remember where I was when I wrote this.

The next one that I want to share really needs it's own entry. So I am going to close this one and start that one. I know it's two entries in one day. I'm just bored.

No comments: