What it Is

I have proven myself a failure at being consistent. Methinks this should be a place for me. Maybe not the collected me that makes sense. More like the me that likes to be. To wonder, to plan, to think, to understand. I want to write everyday. It is my hope that this is the blog that will facilitate that goal.

I dont make any promises. You could still call this my creative blog. But I'd like to think of it more as the debris that is left behind after all the normal thoughts blow through my consciousness.

Don't expect it to always make sense or be worth your time. I think the main goal if for it to be my sanity.

Mottled Light

Mottled Light
the way my mind feels sometimes, waiting for a breakthrough.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Entry Seventy-One

I often miss what I had as a child. I do love the more spiritual understanding of Christmas that I have gained as I've grown. At the same time, there will never be that sense of wonder and magic that Christmas held when I was little.

I miss that. I miss so much of being a child and I often wish that I hadn't been in such a hurry to grow up

I'm scared.

I'm scared to leave what is familiar and comfortable. I fear this great unknown.

Perhaps I will arrive there and they will realize the mistake they made in choosing me over other applicants.

Every time I think about going there I get a knot in my stomach.

Perhaps it is, in part, due to the fact that I have no plan after this. No REAL plan, that is. There is a small inkling in the far recesses of my mind that sometimes thinks that it knows what it wants for me in the future. But planning that far ahead worries me. I fear disappointment.

That't it.

My biggest fear. Disappointment. Perhaps I will arrive at my destination and realize that it's not where I want to be. By then I have no choice but to stick with it.

I need to end this post. It's Christmas eve and I should be thinking about the meaning of the holiday. Not fears and worries.

No comments: