What it Is

I have proven myself a failure at being consistent. Methinks this should be a place for me. Maybe not the collected me that makes sense. More like the me that likes to be. To wonder, to plan, to think, to understand. I want to write everyday. It is my hope that this is the blog that will facilitate that goal.

I dont make any promises. You could still call this my creative blog. But I'd like to think of it more as the debris that is left behind after all the normal thoughts blow through my consciousness.

Don't expect it to always make sense or be worth your time. I think the main goal if for it to be my sanity.

Mottled Light

Mottled Light
the way my mind feels sometimes, waiting for a breakthrough.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Entry Thirteen (DREAM)

Heres a dream that I had last night. One of those real ones where you have to tell yourself that you are asleep and need to WAKE UP! I have to tell you that the weirdest people pop up in my dreams.

Another work dream. We all know that means it was more like a nightmare. It was an extension of my actual shift last night. It was just me and Crystal (the not so new anymore newbie that stole my Saturday close shift). We were five minutes from closing and the store was empty. Just then I notice that there is a five top at table 10. They just appeared out of nowhere as if from some weird customer spitting vortex. It was strangely close to the five top I'd had for real that night. I was reasonably upset because it was almost close and I had to deal with these people. I get their drink orders when another table, this one a seven top, appears out of the invisible vortex. The annoying thing about this table is that it's a co-worker and her family. I try to pawn it off to Crystal but she is completly unhelpful, complaining about still having to do her outs (this is almost exactly what she said that night for real). so I go to Bill and ask him to take the table because I am way to upset to deal with them. A Bob Evans server should know better than to come in 5 min. before close with her family. Soon after this exchange, I look around the floor and see half a dozen table sitting there. Seriously, someone needs to make some sort of blood sacrifice and seal this vortex/portal thing that keeps randomly letting customers in.

The weird thing is that this whole time, it stays 9:55 so that it's still okay for customers to come in because were not closed yet. Now it's become one of those very stressful dreams where I don't know what to do because there is just too much. I stop by a table and notice that Jimmy Larsen from church is there. I am just about to get annoyed at him (because apparently he works there) when I notice who is in his company. It's Lance from my 5th grade class. One of my first ever crushes. I was Earth and he was the moon in our "save the environment" skit we did in class. He once gave me a valentine and I cherished it forever. I think I may still have it. Anyway, shortly after encountering him, I tell myself finally that this is an impossible dream and I need to WAKE UP! This usually happens when things get too stressful in these dreams. I am somehow able to remember that I am at home, work is over and it's all okay.

Man, I hate dreams like that.

1 comment:

Steve said...

My dreams, as you know, make no sense. Ruby dreams are nothing new, but now I've started dreaming about KRCG. Is there some kind of mental or subconcious threshhold which one has to cross in order to start dreaming about the place of their employment? If so, I'm over the line for both my jobs.