What it Is

I have proven myself a failure at being consistent. Methinks this should be a place for me. Maybe not the collected me that makes sense. More like the me that likes to be. To wonder, to plan, to think, to understand. I want to write everyday. It is my hope that this is the blog that will facilitate that goal.

I dont make any promises. You could still call this my creative blog. But I'd like to think of it more as the debris that is left behind after all the normal thoughts blow through my consciousness.

Don't expect it to always make sense or be worth your time. I think the main goal if for it to be my sanity.

Mottled Light

Mottled Light
the way my mind feels sometimes, waiting for a breakthrough.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Entry Fourteen

I have recently been toying with a story idea. It really has nothing more than a title and a general plot idea. I don't really have any characters even. Well half of one. I know I am still in the middle of trying to figure out how to salvage "Spero" but the reality of this story is just too enticing.

The title is "Bus Stories". I know that sounds rather boring. Basically, it's about this old man who drives this school bus around the country picking up people of the road. Anyone who wants or needs a ride can get one free of charge. Relatively. They have to provide the old man with the story of their life...or rather how they got where they are now. It centers around several main characters that are on the bus for most of the story. And many other passing characters are introduced and then dismissed.

I just really like the idea of people and their connections right now. A this blog is a creative outlet for my benefit, I feel no pressure to make anything come out of this other than a few entries. It could go the way of that little story I started about a girl caught in the future (caput from lack of original thought and enthusiasm and time). Who knows. It doesn't much matter.

I wish I had more time to work out the complexities of "Spero" and the mess my mind made of it. My hope is that I can get my creative juices flowing with this story idea since the thought is a lot less complex. Then maybe my block on "Spero" will end.

Hmmm...Thank goodness I am not planning on making writing my profession. I would never finish anything.

No comments: