What it Is

I have proven myself a failure at being consistent. Methinks this should be a place for me. Maybe not the collected me that makes sense. More like the me that likes to be. To wonder, to plan, to think, to understand. I want to write everyday. It is my hope that this is the blog that will facilitate that goal.

I dont make any promises. You could still call this my creative blog. But I'd like to think of it more as the debris that is left behind after all the normal thoughts blow through my consciousness.

Don't expect it to always make sense or be worth your time. I think the main goal if for it to be my sanity.

Mottled Light

Mottled Light
the way my mind feels sometimes, waiting for a breakthrough.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Entry Seventy-Nine

Attempt number 5 at entry 79. Apparently I am not meant to get to entry 80. Maybe once that entry is written I am meant to suffer a horrible and gruesome death.

That sounds like something that Stephen King would write.

How fitting because in this 5th attempt I am going to mention this critically acclaimed writer a bit.

I think it's interesting that books written by this author of all things unsettling should be the ones that inspires me the most right now.

No, nope. I will not start this entry over! I am determined! I will get through entry 79 this time.

Stephen King. Fearless. Cheeky. Personal.

He know how to hook you to his characters and make you love them. Even if you don't want to sometimes.

He knows how to reach deep down there and pull up thoughts and emotions you know didn't know exist. His fiction is the most believable collection of unbelievable stories ever written and I love it.

I wish I could be 1/15th the writer he is.

I will read "On Writing".

I am filled with this burning desire to finish. To get it done. To create!

This is all that I have. I had more but I had to leave and come back. That's why it has taken me so long to write this entry. Why it took 5 attempts. But who cares. I am posting this.

And after writing entry 80 I will prepare myself to die a romantic and unexpected death.

No comments: