What it Is

I have proven myself a failure at being consistent. Methinks this should be a place for me. Maybe not the collected me that makes sense. More like the me that likes to be. To wonder, to plan, to think, to understand. I want to write everyday. It is my hope that this is the blog that will facilitate that goal.

I dont make any promises. You could still call this my creative blog. But I'd like to think of it more as the debris that is left behind after all the normal thoughts blow through my consciousness.

Don't expect it to always make sense or be worth your time. I think the main goal if for it to be my sanity.

Mottled Light

Mottled Light
the way my mind feels sometimes, waiting for a breakthrough.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Entry Sixty-One

Or not. That's what happens when you don't follow through.

Should be getting ready to take a test on Yeats, Keats, Blake, Wordsworth, Woolf, Austen, the Victorian period, Romanticism, and all the like.

Instead I come here to express a foolish feeling.

Mostly it has to to with a person. Mostly that person is a completely illogical choice to focus on. But there are times when our hearts decide to go a way of their own. Completely opposite of what are heads are logically suggesting.

I need to wake up my birds.

Here I go.

I'm not that worried about this test. Maybe I should be. If I do horrible I bring my grade down to a low B. I have to potential to get an A. I got an A on the last exam. But I think that I (1) knew the material better and (2) studied more.

I hope I get a B in Pop Dy.

I also hope that I can quickly get over this problem of thinking about this person. I can promise you that you will NEVER guess who it is. I can also promise you that I will never betray myself and let you know who it is. You will never know.

Think on that for a while.

"we could have had so much fun, but you blew it away."

I am not having fun and I will continue to have no fun until after my final tomorrow morning from 10:30-12:30.

Man do I miss a real number pad.

"Nothing by my own skin."

I love my finches. I want to buy them a bigger cage.

What I REALLY want to do is let them fly around the room freely. But then they would poo on everything and I can't have that. I have considered wrapping my whole room in newspaper.

But then getting things would be hard and I would wake each morning with yesterdays headline written on my face.

Man, that sounds like a good line from a book involving a tragedy.

"There he stood. Hair a mess, clothes covered in a days worth of grunge, and yesterdays headline written all over his face. You always believe that what you read in the newspaper will never have any personal meaning to you. Today, Russel could no longer number himself among the people who read Sundays paper and moved on. He would not, could not, ever move on. Not from this. There was no recovering. And in that moment, I felt that I would never see him the same way again."

There.

That makes me feel a little bit better.

Now back to the featured item...studying for my British Literature (The Major Authors) Final Examination.

I really should have been a literature major.

No comments: