What it Is

I have proven myself a failure at being consistent. Methinks this should be a place for me. Maybe not the collected me that makes sense. More like the me that likes to be. To wonder, to plan, to think, to understand. I want to write everyday. It is my hope that this is the blog that will facilitate that goal.

I dont make any promises. You could still call this my creative blog. But I'd like to think of it more as the debris that is left behind after all the normal thoughts blow through my consciousness.

Don't expect it to always make sense or be worth your time. I think the main goal if for it to be my sanity.

Mottled Light

Mottled Light
the way my mind feels sometimes, waiting for a breakthrough.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Entry Eleven

Creativity has escaped me the last two weeks. There is no time for a spark or two of something that doesn't involve Ag law, genetics or Phylogenies. And that makes me a little sad. Of course I've been in a kind of rut for the past two months. I really hope to remedy that since creativity is an escape from all things mundane.

There is no real entry today. Simply the desire to have time to just sit down and plunk out something new. The weeks go by far too quickly for my taste. A blur of trying to keep up with all thats thrown at me. Between work, school and being Sunday School teacher, there is a lot that weighs me down. But I always look forward to the time before sleep, driving, naps where I just lay there and travel down new avenues of thought.

I was glad to do some finishing touches on the last entry and get it out yesterday. But that wasn't enough to quench my thirst for more. Thanks to Kirsten I now have something else to think about creatively. Our plan to make a "Muse"ical. She has a lot of the thoughts because she is the mother of this idea. I think that it could be amazing as long as no one has the idea first. Wouldn't it be so cool if we started this now and in 5 years somehow got it off the ground? It would be so amazing. We could be a new sister duo. We still need to work on getting that murder mystery we made together into something more cohesive.

Anyway. I would love a whole day or two off to just spend time updating "Spero" (it really needs it) and try out a few ideas that have been rattling round in my head for the last month or so.

Wow,it's almost February.

No comments: